Like I’ve said before….I am a self-admitted BREAD JUNKIE. I love bread. I like it toasted with butter, I like it grilled with cheese and bacon, I like it slathered with peanut butter and jelly. French toast, cinnamon toast, pizza toast. Panini, club sandwich, toasted with tuna, chicken salad. Egg sandwiches, finger sandwiches, BLT. Fluffernutter, ham & cheese, open faced turkey & gravy. Patty melt, Monte Cristo, Po’ Boy. Rueben, Sliders, & Dipped (in soup. au jus, sausage gravy)
So when I went low carb in July, giving up bread was the most difficult part.
Earlier this month I posted about my desperate search for the perfect bread recipe. The reason for THIS post….is that I may have FOUND IT!
Check it out low-carb, banting, LCHF, Paleo friends. A delicious bread with under 2 carbs per slice! It grills, toasts and spreads very well. It tastes as close to regular bread as it gets and it looks like white bread. Definitely worth a try!
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350* (or use one of the Village Bakery machines)
- Add eggs to food processor and process until VERY fluffy ( about 1-2 min)
- add bacon grease and melted butter to eggs, mix until well combined
- Add remaining ingredients, mix until it is a very thick milkshake consistency.
- Scrape into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, make sure it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow to cool before slicing into 16 slices
*Store in fridge for up to a week.